Of Death and Other Living Things
Yesterday a man I knew died. Suddenly. A friend said he fell and hit his head. The next day he was dead. He was 30...if he had celebrated his birthday this year. I don't know his birthday. I don't know if he had hit 30. I do know he has a wife and a 9 month old baby girl. Had. He had a wife and baby. He left a woman too young to be widowed and a baby too young to be an orphan.
I feel numb all over. Two people I know died this year. They were both too young. Not even 30. Too young...I say they're too young but who am I to put an age for death? Or living?who am I to say that I will live tomorrow and the day after and many more years to come?
I'm sorry for the melancholy, but I've never known people who died... Most dead people were too distant to matter or too old to really make an impact... That may sound cold, but it's true... Most deaths make me sad, but the two deaths this year made me think...and all that thinking has made me melancholic.
When someone you know and one so very near your own age dies you can't help but think of your own mortality. You can't help but feel "that could've been me" and then you question how you've lived your life.
I know one thing though, I haven't lived enough.
I feel numb all over. Two people I know died this year. They were both too young. Not even 30. Too young...I say they're too young but who am I to put an age for death? Or living?who am I to say that I will live tomorrow and the day after and many more years to come?
I'm sorry for the melancholy, but I've never known people who died... Most dead people were too distant to matter or too old to really make an impact... That may sound cold, but it's true... Most deaths make me sad, but the two deaths this year made me think...and all that thinking has made me melancholic.
When someone you know and one so very near your own age dies you can't help but think of your own mortality. You can't help but feel "that could've been me" and then you question how you've lived your life.
I know one thing though, I haven't lived enough.


2 Comments:
T_T
life is short.
life is a dream.
life is what u make out of it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home